Love nutter butters? Your mind is going to be BLOWN by these flourless ice cream sandwiches that are on the healthy side and so easy to make!
There’s no better way to Friday than THIS way, friends and ice cream-addicts.
**bows down to the ice cream sandwich perfection**
Let me welcome you to your ice cream dreams all wrapped up in a pretty sandwich on this glorious Friday.
This includes peanut butter. It obviously includes ice cream. These ice cream sandwiches are actually everything.
Everything that Friday needs and most definitely more.
Okay, so I’m most definitely bringing my kid side out in full-on ice cream/peanut butter force today. Full on eat-all-the-sandwiches-for-breakfast-today kinda serious business going down.
Can we talk about the whole flourless peanut butter cookie process? There’s basically NONE! 6 basic little ingredients. Super-quick bake time…
And then came ice cream time. Obviously the most-anticipated time of the entire process.
Then came the feeding frenzy and the ice cream sandwiches ceased existence as we know it.
Dang it all, I’ll just make MORE.
And more, and more, and more…
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat peanut butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Stir in salt and baking soda until a thick, but slightly sticky dough forms.
- Drop dough by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet. Use the tines of a fork to make a criss-cross in each cookie, then gently pinch the middles to form a nutter butter shape.
- Bake cookies at 350F 10-11 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool cookies completely, then place in freezer for 1 hour to chill.
- Once cookies are chilled, scoop ice cream into small scoops on top of half of the cookies. Top ice cream with remaining cookies to form ice cream sandwiches. Quickly wrap sandwiches in plastic wrap and freeze until solid, about 2 hours. Enjoy!!