Layered with fluffy pancakes, tangy cream cheese, and lots of fresh juicy peaches, these pancake stacks are easy to throw together and so perfect for summer brunching.
If a breakfast that is as freaking awesome as this one is wrong…I don’t think I could ever be right again.
And there’s honestly no better way I’d rather face off a Tuesday than this leaning tower of pancakes.
A rather high and alarmingly-loaded tower of pancakes that require your full and undivided attention.
Also. An xxl fork and and xxl appetite are additonally required. As well as an obsession with pancakes because they are clearly our big star today.
Oh and by the way. I’ve recently decided that peach season isn’t over until I’ve had enough. That could be awhile yet so just try to bear with me as we work through all my summer obsessions one at a time.
But getting back to our Tuesday obsession…pancake stacks. This is take #3 for this pancake insanity and geez, it just keeps getting better and better.
Today might be the best one yet. Just my personal obsessed opinion though.
We start with my ultra-fluffy perfecto pancakes that I make so much I have the recipe memorized.
Then we add cream cheese filling. Whammo, we have cheesecake AND pancakes!!
Then came peaches. And all our summer desires were henceforth fulfilled.
True story: the moment I finished photographing these beauties my older sister and company whisked them away and I never saw a trace of them after that. My tears were real.
My pancake stacks greed was even realer the second time around though. Shhhhhh….
Sharing these stacks is highly discouraged, friends. You get me because we’re all pancake freaks here.
And from one pancake freak to another…I’m telling you to go do your pancake thing already. 💕💕
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Make the pancakes: In a medium bowl, beat egg, oil, sugar, and milk until smooth. Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a greased skillet to medium-high. Working in batches, cook pancakes by 1/4-cupfuls 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Keep pancakes warm.
- Make the filling: Place cream cheese, agave, and vanilla in a medium bowl and beat on high speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Assemble the pancake stacks: Spread one pancake with a few tablespoons of cream cheese and top with sliced peaches. Repeat layers a total of three times to assemble a three-layer pancake stack. Repeat with remaining pancakes, cream cheese, and peaches. Enjoy!!