Sweet ‘n’ spicy jerk-flavored hamburgers are a match made in burger heaven with smashed avocado and tangy sweet grilled pineapple. This is one burger you don’t want to miss out on.
Just my casual opinion, but I’m pretty sure we’re all about to meet our burger bestie today.
See up there? ↑ Look that burger right in the eye and tell me you’re not entranced.
I’m well-past the stage of entranced and more to the level of gimme-another-one-of those-burgers now. There’s no such thing as being reasonable around hamburgers at this level of insanity.
So this summer has honestly felt weird as far as the topic of hamburgers go. Today counts the second time I gave you a new burger recipe this summer and honestly guys…weird. And disturbing. And most definitely unacceptable.
Let’s all make a pact to cover all our burger bases today and make up for so much time lost and too many burgers not eaten.
Okay, let’s go into detail about all the stuff involved in this killer burger. As you could probably guess, I’m a ginormous Caribbean/jerk-style fan and these burgers are yet even more proof of that.
We start with the burger base which is just lean ground beef kicked up with my homemade sweet ‘n’ spicy jerk seasoning mix. Grill those burgers until charred on the outside and perfectly juicy on the inside.
Then clear a spot on the grill for the pineapple. It’s not jerk-food without it. Plus grilled pineapple always wins the freaking grand prize.
Now we start building. Grab your buns and lay a leaf of lettuce over each one. Then comes smashed avocado. You know, because we’re obviously going ALL out here today.
On goes the burger. On goes the pineapple. In goes the face for the burger kill.
Burgers tonight? It’s a go.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 6 rings fresh pineapple
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 hamburger buns and lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine beef, allspice, chili powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, pepper, salt, and sugar. Form meat into 8 patties.
- Grill hamburgers over medium-high heat until hamburgers reach medium-well temperature, about 8-10 minutes. Keep burgers warm.
- Grill pineapple rings over medium-high heat, turning once until pineapple has grill marks, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with garlic, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the burgers: Place a lettuce leave on a hamburger bun and top with smashed avocado, warm burger, and grilled pineapple ring. Place bun top on top. Repeat with remaining burger ingredients. Enjoy burgers immediately!