This creamy, comforting risotto is loaded with all the best veggies of summer and absolutely essential for the last days of summer!—Ready in under 30 and made in only one pan!
So this is pretty typical of me, guys. Still throwing all the summer stuff in your face whilst simultaneously talking about bringing you all the fall recipes.
Just ignore my weird mood swings. We can discuss fall stuff later, but today? It’s all about the last little bits of summer. And risotto all the way obviously.
If you’ve done your homework on my past obsessions with risotto, you would know that risotto is one of the many awesome things that I fell in love with during culinary school last year.
Seriously, I was head over heels and obviously still am. Insert girlish screaming here.
So a lot of people are under the impression that risotto is finicky and complicated to make, but I’m here to clear that rumor up for you. It’s SO not.
All it takes is a little hands-on time, less than 30 minutes, a big ‘ol skillet, and a serious lust for risotto.
Since we’re taking things up a notch on the summer scale today, I think it’s best we throw some roasty toasty cherry tomatoes/zucchini into our wild risotto party.
Pop em under the broiler for a few minutes until tender and golden then throw it all in the pan. Whatever you don’t eat straight off the pan, that is.
Oh gosh, things are about to get perfect in risotto world around here, guys. It’s okay to squeal a little bit.
Only first we need Parm cheese on top and I mean legit mountains of it. Ditto on the basil. 👌👌👌
I don’t know about you all, but this is my kinda heaven. And we all know that risotto heaven just can’t be ignored.
Currently dying and going to said heaven. 🙏🙏
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 2-1/4 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Toss zucchini and cherry tomatoes in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking sheet and broil on high 4-5 minutes until veggies are slightly charred. Cool slightly.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in butter until just slightly tender. Reduce heat to medium and stir rice into pan until rice is evenly coated. Pour a small amount of chicken broth into pan and stir risotto occasionally until liquid evaporates. Continue this method of pouring small amounts of broth into rice, being sure not to pour more in the pan until previous liquid has evaporated. (this should take about 15-20 minutes)
- Once all the broth has been added, test the rice to make sure it is tender and creamy. If the rice is not tender yet, add a little additional chicken broth and cook until it is.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in half-and-half, chicken sausage slices, and broiled veggies. Serve risotto with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
This ain’t my first rodeo with the risotto, guys. Check these ones out!!