These soft, fluffy cornbread muffins are packed with tons of crispy bacon and browned butter does wonders for flavor! Dig into these warm from the oven with lots of honey drizzled on top.
We can do this, friends. We CAN make it over the one-day hump separating us from Friday.
Mostly because…browned butter + bacon + cornbread helping us out in major ways today. MAJ-ORLY big ways, you guys.
So friends. These cornbread muffins going up on the blog today was kinda a complete-and-total accident that it just so happened to coincide with the kickoff day of football being on Sunday.
I mean, yeeeeeeeeeees to all the cheese-loaded dips, buttery soft pretzels, hot bowls of chili, and warm baskets of bacon-filled cornbread muffins that come with this football weirdness that every person seems to understand but me.
I understand the football food though. I understand that part EXTREMELY well and I think that’s basically all I need to know.
Seriously, don’t even bother trying to explain the game to me. My face will be full of football food so I likely won’t be paying attention.
Okay, so these cornbread muffins. Let’s talk about all the bacon-y + brown butter-y wonder which is THESE. It’s pretty great as you can probably anticipate.
First we start off with my extremely basic, yet unspeakably perfect-in-every-dang-way cornbread batter. It’s just a simple quick bread batter and you’ll have it made in under 5 minutes.
But then along came bacon. Along with his partner in crime Mr. browned butter. Both jumped into the already-perfect batter, made our cornbread perfect-er, and the stars aligned and the heavens rejoiced.
Bake those cornbread babies up til they’re perfect and your kitchen smells like a bacon factory. Then I’m gonna lay down the command and tell you that you must, must, muuuuuuuust devour these muffins warm from the oven with honey drizzled into every crevice of cornbread muffin perfection.
Like so. ⇑⇑ Go heavy or go home.
And with those touching words… I think we’re ready to go HARD to cornbread muffin land. 😊😊😊
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted in a saucepan until browned
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked diced bacon
- Additional honey for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk browned butter, honey, eggs, and milk until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Fold in bacon crumbles.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full of batter and smooth tops. Bake muffins at 400F 13-15 minutes or until golden-brown and a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Serve muffins warm with additional honey if desired. Enjoy!
You’ve GOT to try this Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread next, you guys. ♥