These easy barbecue chicken and broccoli rice bowls are made in only ONE skillet in less than 30 minutes for a no-fuss weeknight dinner that everyone will gladly eat!
Monday dinners that look like THAT goodness up there can only mean great things for the upcoming week.
One skillet + 20 minutes + rice bowls = a Monday like no other and we might as well keep those good dinner vibes going ALL week.
Oh, did I mention it’s time for another dinner series? This week’s theme is ALL about the skillet dinners, you guys. It just seems to be that dinner fallback that EVERYONE goes to first this time of year with all the crazy school schedules and such.
Quite simply, skillet dinners rule and I hope you love ’em too, because this week is gonna be all about the skillet. Keep that oven on the OFF position.
Okay let’s get straight into our rice bowls business. Quite honestly, guys, I’ve never really been into rice up until extremely recently which was when I realized that rice is a blank canvas for SO many freaking flavors.
And rice bowls? Don’t even get me started on all the things you can do with that. Case-in-point. —> That one time I made BBQ chicken and broccoli in one skillet and threw it in my hugest bowl with a ton of fluffy hot rice.
The easy-peasy skillet dinner gods are most definitely smiling down on us today, guys. Feel it? Maybe you should have a rice bowl.
Or twenty. Totally up to you.
But you know where I clearly stand now on the issue of rice bowls and that goes along the lines of BRING ‘EM ALL ON.
Can we have a Monday skillet dinner like no other now already, guys?
With extra rice in mine please, because rice is freaking nice and so is this freaking awesome rice bowl.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and broccoli in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink and broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add barbecue sauce and green onions to skillet. Bring to a simmer and stir meat occasionally until heated through and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove chicken from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken and broccoli in serving bowls with hot cooked rice. Enjoy!
Let’s do MORE rice bowls, guys! Try these fajita-style ones next!