Ready for the ultimate one-pot dinner? This Cajun chicken pasta alfredo is unbelievably simple to throw together and absolutely the best kind of comfort food.— It’s on the dinner table in only 30!
Can all Fridays from here to the end of time just involve all the carbs and cheese possible?
I mean, every single day would be preferable if you ask me, but the average person still likes to fit in their clothes, I know. Unreasonable all the same.
Anywho. Today is bringing us to the end of skillet dinners week with a rather large BANG. Make some noise for the cajun chicken pasta alfredo, please. It’s gonna be a rather epic weekend.
Okay, let’s get straight to the one-pot-edness wonder that is this skillet. You should know that there’s a pretty special place in my life for one-pot dinners, you guys. Not gonna lie, that place is called my stomach.
All humiliating confessions aside, let’s start making our carbs for today, okay? We’re gonna start by cooking our chicken and bacon in your biggest skillet on the stove.
From there, I kid you not: chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, milk, half-and-half, and pasta gets dumped in the same skillet and the hardest part of this whole carb process is basically DONE.
Let that come to simmer, stirring occasionally until the pasta soaks up all the liquid and is nice and tender. We’re gonna make a quick slurry with flour + water to make our pasta extra-creamy and that gets stirred right into the beautiful mess.
Along with some beautiful Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and a handful of parsley. Yep, go freaking big on your carb skillets or go home is right.
Let it be known, guys: you will be receiving ZERO judgement from me if you just decide to ditch the plates and eat this pasta alfredo straight outta the skillet.
I mean, when carbs feel right you just know, right?
And this alfredo is very, very right. Very Friday-worthy and I’m actually gonna go make another very large skillet now, kbye. ☺️☺️☺️
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 8 strips bacon, diced into 1/2-in pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 12 oz dry farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, bacon, and garlic in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is cooked through. Stir Cajun seasoning, chicken broth, milk, half-and-half, and dry pasta into skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cover skillet.
- Bring pasta to a boil, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid is evaporated and pasta is cooked, about 10-15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk flour and water until smooth and add to skillet. Stir Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste into pasta and gently stir until combined. Serve pasta hot and enjoy!
One-pot is where it’s at, guys!! Check out this fettuccine next!