One pot, thirty minutes, and only a handful of ingredients is all you’re going to need to make this cozy caprese pasta! — An entire meal-in-one for those weeknights when you don’t feel like cooking!
I need to introduce you to your soon-to-be dinner love, guys. It comes in the form of cheese and carbs and one-pot to seal our whole dinner deal.
And that deal is…that you and me are about to have a very good Thursday indeed.
And weekday is just gonna be good when you don’t have to spend more than 30 minutes slaving over dinner and this is just gonna be one of THOSE nights, you guys.
And on that same note, aren’t the best kind of dinners the ones where you don’t actually have to DO anything and then shazam, you have dinner done? Yep, that nicely sums up the accurate level of motivation I have at 5pm on a Thursday.
Also…all those embarrassing lazy-girl confessions up there? They’re 1000% real and you’re about to join the ranks as we tackle easy-peasy one-pot caprese pasta for dinner tonight.
And by tackle…well, you probably know what I mean. I probably do not mean gorge yourself beyond all reason on said caprese pasta.
Hey, you know what else? Today’s 30-Minute Thursday again! In case you forgot, this is the time of the month when me and my best blogging girls each chip in our best 30-minute dinner recipes. That means lots of easy and LOTS of yum, guys. See the end of this post for links!
For now…we talk carbs which is obviously of the utmost importance right now.
Okay, here’s what’s all involved in this caprese pasta. The secret is…it’s basically nothing. All we’re gonna do is brown our onion and garlic in our heavy-dutiest pot. Throw in some chicken broth, pasta sauce, sliced sausage, and the pasta. Let the stove do all the back-breaking work for you here, guys.
Then came cherry tomatoes, basil, and enough mozzarella cheese to feed an army. Things are looking pretty good in this one glorious pot of dinner.
When said one pot is empty shortly following the dinner rush…that’s how you know you just did something very very right in dinner land.
*virtual pats on the back all around*
Now then…dessert? Try these and let’s keep the good Thursday vibes going strong. 😁😁
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 4 chicken sausages, thinly sliced
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- In a dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook until lightly browned. Stir in chicken broth, pasta sauce, sausage, and pasta. Cover pot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid has evaporated and pasta is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste and stir in cherry tomatoes. Top with mozzarella cheese and broil pasta over high until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle top with fresh basil and serve pasta immediately. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out all the other ladies recipes who participate in 30-Minute Thursdays!!
Turkey, Apple & Brie Panini by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
5 Ingredient One Pot Pasta with Chicken Sausage by Kristine’s Kitchen
Kale and Quinoa Salad Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Apples and Pecans by Floating Kitchen
Cheeseburger Macaroni: 30 Minute Thursday by My Kitchen Craze
Mediterranean Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Sweet Peas & Saffron
One Pot Turkey Mushroom Tortellini by Bake.Eat.Repeat
One Pot Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles by Life Made Sweeter
One Pot Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Bacon Pasta by Savory Nothings