Piled high with a caramelized apple pie topping, these thick and fluffy protein pancakes are the ultimate fall breakfast that you will immediately fall in love with!—It’s like eating pie for breakfast.
Monday GOALS are right up there, you guys!! As we probably know, goals come in all shapes and forms, but today they come in the form of a big fat ‘ol stack of protein pancakes heaven.
With a side of apple pie. It is most definitely Monday, friends. 😋😋😋
Wanna know the best way to start off the week? It’s a gloriously drippy leaning tower of protein pancakes with all the apple pie fixin’s piled in rather huge amounts on top.
Today might be the best Monday ever with donut Mondays coming in a veeeeeery close-ish second.
Let’s get our pancake business on, guys!! There’s honestly nothing to it, and I knooooow I usually always say that but I really really mean it this time!
Mondays require the easiest of the peasiest. Always.
First on the pancake agenda. >>> Our greek yogurt protein pancakes base. Oh my gosh, it’s like THE fluffiest pancake ever, it’s packed fulla’ protein and I could honestly eat them every.dang.day.
Working on that last part. #ihavenoshame
Our work here isn’t done yet! I’ve made a very recent decision that every pancake needs pie in the same sentence. Today we’re doing apple pie-style topping piled into every spare inch atop our leaning tower of perfection.
Psssssst…it’s not hard at all to make. Easy-peasy caramelized apples that you can make in 5 minutes.
Um, suffice to say breakfast is SERVED. With maple syrup waterfalls on top because it’s Monday and because we just gotta.
We also gotta have a pancake party for reals now, you guys.
I’ve already reserved my place in the line, y’all. 👌👌👌
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 medium apples, peeled and medium-diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate large bowl, whisk egg, coconut oil, agave, yogurt, and milk until smooth. Whisk flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined.
- Cook pancakes by 1/4-cupfuls on a greased hot skillet 1-2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining batter and keep pancakes warm.
- Make the topping: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute apples in butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until apples are tender and caramelized.
- Serve pancakes warm with apple topping and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Make sure you try THESE protein pancakes next time!!