Jam-packed with cranberries, orange flavor, and tons of eggnog glaze, this stunning bundt cake is so simple to mix up for a last-minute holiday dessert and you’ll be eating every last crumb!
Where there’s Fridays…there needs to be cake. I’m making it a thing, guys.
Preferably a completely stunner of a bundt cake jammed with cranberries and orange-y flavors whilst drowning in eggnog glaze.
^^^ perfect. Honestly my perfect cake world.
Can every day be Friday? That would honestly just be the eggnog icing on the bundt cake.
Okay, guys. It’s time to talk about your cake goals for the weekend. Did you know that cake is really one of the best goals a person could have on a weekend?
Also, it’s about the only form of non-laziness that I can actually muster up, to be honest.
So this base for this cake is pretty much standard for a bundt cake. Butter + sugar get all creamy together, then in go the eggs, buttermilk, greek yogurt, ect to ensure we’re gonna have the moistest, butteriest cake base ever.
I also throw orange juice concentrate and a tooooon of grated orange zest into the batter because hello, orange + cranberries = cake bliss.
Our basic dry ingredients include flour, baking soda, salt, and a pinch of nutmeg and cloves to give this cake that unmistakable winter-y flavor.
One nice long trip to the oven later…cake lust is about to get REAL.
But not yet!!! Wait for the eggnog glaze to adorn every inch of this bundt cake bliss and you’ll definitely be thanking me later.
Either thanking me or hating me, actually. This cake is really just that good.
And yes, you are likely gonna want to cut those slices XXXXX-large.
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Make the cake: Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease and flour a 9-in bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy, then beat in agave, orange juice, zest, yogurt, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake cake at 325F 60-65 minutes or until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely then run a knife around the edges and invert onto a serving plate.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake and let stand 10 minutes to set. Slice cake and enjoy!
More holiday bundt cake, guys! This gingerbread one is a must-try.