NO butter in this insanely-soft and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip skillet cookie! The dough mixes up in one bowl and it all bakes up in one skillet for whenever you get that warm cookie craving!
Consider Friday skillet cookie-ed, you guys. It’s honestly the best thing you could ever do to a Friday.
Or any day. Take your pick or just pick ALL the days.
I pick the winning option and that option would be every.dang.day.
So go. Do your skillet cookie thing already.
Today’s skillet cookie madness is yet ANOTHER spin-off of the original coconut oil cookie master recipe. You probably wouldn’t even recognize it today because it’s so trashed-up.
Trashed-up = oatmeal + chocolate chips + skillet + larger pieces. Yaaaaaaaas…
The dough for this skillet cookie is basically JUST as easy as the original. One bowl, a handful of ingredients, but the only difference is NO chilling the dough is necessary! The whole thing just gets pressed into the skillet and trust me: that’s about as easy as cookie business gets around here.
Make sure you’re going for an UNDER-baked cookie as well. The edges of the skillet cookie will just be turning brown, but the middle will still be slightly soft when it’s done. <<< exactly what we want.
Don’t wait to dig into this cookie, you guys. We all know cookies are at their best fresh outta the oven, but this one ESPECIALLY is insanely good hot next to your latte.
No need to even cut it into wedges if you don’t wanna. Forks get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Seriously though. Friday.GOALS. ^^^
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 12-in cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Beat in milk, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add oats, flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt and mix until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough into prepared skillet. Bake at 350F 20-25 minutes or until edges are slightly golden (middle will still be slightly soft---this is ok) Cool skillet cookie completely before slicing into wedges. Enjoy!
Make sure you try these coconut oil DOUBLE CHOCOLATE cookies next!