Never eat a boring salad again! It’s unbelievably easy to make your own homemade salad vinaigrette plus you get to choose from 5 amazing variations!
I come bearing the solution for your salad slump, you guys!!
I assume we’re all in one by now. The excitement of diet season is wearing off since we’re well into February by now and I’m sure that salad is sounding less and less appealing. << never okay.
When in salad doubt…make a dang good dressing, guys. It seriously turns around ANY pile of greens into a new experience.
And lo and behold, I have not one, not two, but SIX total different ways to make our dang good salads good again.
And it all starts with the basics. A basic salad vinaigrette that I’m sure we’ve all made SOME version of in our lifetime. This is my version and it’s honestly beyond simple. >>
White vinegar, ground mustard, a little agave, salt, pepper, and olive oil all whisked up until smooth. Easy-ness.
And now comes my most favorite part. ALL the different types of vinaigrettes you can build off of that basic recipe. I included FIVE different variations today, and let me tell you it was torture narrowing it down to only five. That basic vinaigrette is basically a blank canvas for so many different flavors of dressings.
First up…balsamic maple vinaigrette. I’ve shared some version of this dressing on the blog here and there, so here’s the official recipe! It literally transforms a salad, you guys. Sweet, tangy, and perfect.
Next we have an orange ginger vinaigrette. We swap out a little of the white vinegar for orange juice and throw a little ground ginger into the party. Asian-style salad just like that!
My faaaaaav vinaigrette comes next. Roasted garlic + Parmesan cheese = vinaigrette heaven. I want to put this vinaigrette on literally all the things in sight.
I’m a sucker for fruit in my vinaigrette so obviously this raspberry basil vinaigrette was a no-brainer. This dressing + a pile of spring greens + cooked chicken = swoon. Do itttttt.
Last but not least…the curry freak inside me said this curry apple honey vinaigrette would be a good idea. And gosh, it ever was. ♥
And that’s it, guys! Consider yourself back in the salad saddle again. Possibly for the rest of all time? Well yeah.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon roasted crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, and syrup until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until vinaigrette is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Omit the white vinegar and the agave syrup. Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Reduce vinegar down to 2 tablespoons and omit agave syrup. Whisk orange juice and ginger into vinaigrette ingredients until smooth.
- Whisk roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese into vinaigrette ingredients.
- Omit agave syrup and whisk raspberry jam and basil into vinaigrette ingredients until smooth.
- Omit agave syrup and white vinegar. Whisk curry powder, apple cider vinegar, and honey into vinaigrette ingredients until smooth.
See my vast collection of salad recipes here. Also, I would advise that you stock up on LOTS of lettuce.