Browned butter makes these loaded oatmeal chocolate chip cookies UNBELIEVABLY soft and chewy, plus they’re packed with tangy dried cherries and tons of gooey chocolate chips.
Like your basic oatmeal cookie…only trashed up in about 3 total different ways.
Each way contributing to basically the oatmeal cookie of your dreams. 😍😍😍
If there was ever a cookie to make for your S.O today…it would be these romantic little gems. It covers basically ALL your bases: dried cherries for the romantic part and chocolate for the obvious much-needed reason.
The only problem is…I really don’t wanna share these. You likely won’t want to either. Sooooo…this is a problem how?
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a spin-off of my keeper classic recipe simply because those cookies are quite honestly the most perfect thing ever. Soft and chewy taken to a whooooole different level.
Is it possible for perfect to get perfect-er? Because it actually does when you a) brown the butter and b) let a pile of sweet dried cherries fall into the dough. ♥
I know it’s tempting to eat the dough straight outta the mixing bowl, but try to save some back for baking. It’ll be worth it.
Sidenote: you’re gonna eat tons of these, but that’s okay. Promise.
And if you can manage to get away with not sharing a single one…Pleaaaaaaase go for it!!
With no guilt. The cookie experience you get will be worth it.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted over medium heat until brown and fragrant
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place browned butter and sugar in the bowl of a large stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Add egg and vanilla to bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to mixer and mix on medium speed until dough comes together. (dough will be slightly sticky) Gently stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheets 1-2 inches apart. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges are golden (cookies will appear underdone in the middle---this ok) Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy cookies warm while the chocolate is gooey!
Make sure you try the original recipe next time!! It’s a keeper.