These super-creamy alfredo zucchini noodles get TONS of flavor kicked up by fresh pesto and tender chicken cubes makes it an entire carb-free meal! This one-pot dinner is the comfort food your weeknight needs!
Bam, Monday!! The carb-less cozy dinners win again. And I mean, how would they NOT win it all??
The answer why is pretty obvious, you guys. 😍😍
So I think zucchini noodles always tend to get ignored once summer ends and zucchini goes out of season and I’ll be the first to admit that…yeah, I’m one of THOSE people who just doesn’t make certain foods year-round because it’s not their prime season.
Butternut squash in April? Yeah, no you’d better not. Zucchini in the dark days of February? Weeeeeell…those zoodles though…
I think things like this alfredo zucchini noodles skillet just belongs on any and every dinner menu year-round. I’m willing to bend my OCD eat-food-only-at-their-tippy-top-best rule for things like this.
What things you ask? Well, pesto alfredo sauce. With tender little chicken cubes. A mess of gorgeous zoodles. And then there’s the whole one-pot + 20-minute deal. <<< 👌👌
Well, yeah Monday goals are quite clearly heeeeeeeeere.
And I’m quite frankly about to go buy up all the even-not-in-their-prime zucchinis I can get my hands on.
If you want to keep these alfredo zucchini noodles vegetarian, feel free to just leave out the chicken! They’ll rock your world either way.
And lemme tell you…if a skillet of zucchini can rock your world in the middle of February…you know you’ve got a good thing going.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb chicken, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add chicken, onion, and garlic to pan and saute several minutes until chicken is cooked through and onions are translucent. Stir flour into pan and slowly mix in half-and-half, milk, and pesto until smooth.
- Bring sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add zucchini to skillet and gently toss noodles until coated in sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan over zucchini and return to medium heat, cover and let cook 5 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Make sure you try these alfredo zucchini noodles next time!!