Loaded with spicy chicken and beans, tons of hot rice, and all the salad bowl ‘fixins, these flavorful weeknight rice salad bowls are the EASIEST way to get everyone to eat their salad!
If this is what salad eating looks like…I think every night is gonna have to be a salad bowls night, guys.
With a liiiiiiiittle bit of actual lettuce somewhere underneath the pile of chipotle chicken, beans, rice, avocado, ect.
Dang tho, guys we make fiiiiiiine dinners around here. In the form of a salad, no less.
I’ll let you know if I decide to eat anything else besides these salad bowls for dinner ever again.
Moving on to the important things like stuffing our faces with chipotle chicken and beans rice salad bowls? Yeah, I think we should too.
I know I say this about basically every dinner we eat around here, but guys, there’s REALLY nothing to these salad bowls. First, we make our chicken and beans mixture which is a mess of chicken cubes, sweet pepper, chipotle pepper, onion, garlic, tons of seasonings, and a pile of kidney beans all hanging out in one skillet. << the easiest.
Assemble the bowls!! Hot cooked goes in the bowl. Romaine lettuce goes on top along with tomato and avocado, making sure you leave a decent-sized amount of room for your kick-butt chicken and beans.
And yeah, speaking of kick-butt…are these not the finest looking salad bowls you could ever dream of?
Tbh, I’m kinda dreaming of eating these now. For breakfast. With extra avocado. Don’t hate me.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet pepper, medium-diced
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- Make the chicken and beans: In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Sauté chicken, onion, garlic, pepper, and chipotle until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender. Stir in spices and beans and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Make the salad: Arrange cooked rice and lettuce in serving bowls. Top with tomatoes, avocado, and warm chicken and beans. Serve immediately and enjoy!