Everything you love about chicken fajitas in one-pot fettuccine skillet form! This simple 30-minute weeknight dinner is quickly going to become a family favorite!
Today is obviously a day where carb goals were taken to huge-ish and rather important levels.
Chicken fajitas >>> fettuccine >>> one-pot. Legit though, so many goals were met today, guys.
Let’s review the components of a killer chicken fajita fettuccine skillet, shall we? >>
- ‘Kickin sauteed chicken strips + sweet peppers + onions. The base to amazing chicken fajitas, y’all!
- Tons of glorious only-one-pot-needed fettuccine noodles. HELLO.
- All the traditional fajita toppings >> guacamole, tomatoes, cheese…whatever else the heck you want.
30ish minutes later…dinner disappeared in less than 30 seconds.
An accident? Sure, we shall go with that one.
It’s safe to say amazing Thursday dinner things are destined to go down in your house tonight. Maybe like right this second? I wouldn’t be saying no.
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-in strips
- 2 medium sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, peppers, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender, about 10 minutes. Add seasonings and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer chicken to a large bowl and keep warm.
- Combine chicken broth and fettuccine in skillet. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally until water is evaporated and pasta is tender, about 15 minutes (if needed, add more chicken broth until pasta is tender)
- Add chicken back to skillet and stir to combine. Top skillet with cheese and cover for 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt. Remove lid and top skillet with guacamole, tomato, and parsley. Enjoy!