Browned butter makes this killer weeknight Parmesan fettuccine SO unbelievably flavorful! Roasted mushrooms and broccoli make it an entire vegetarian meal-in-one!
Can I be cliche and tell you that spring is basically the best season for ALL the best eats?
At least until summer rolls around and we gotta focus on using up the boatloads of tomatoes and zucchinis.
So I can somehow rationalize the fact that I’m eating this browned Parmesan fettuccine at only 8am??
But then again…anything with the words “browned butter” doesn’t really need rationalization or explaining does it? I thought not….
I also thought that throwing roasted broccoli + mushroom into our little deal kinda sealed the whole thing and made this clearly health food which means that it’s a 24/7 kinda deal.
Okay, so dinner is a literal breeze tonight, guys. It’s also vegetarian and trust me, the meat is just NOT needed here and I don’t care how much of a carnivore you are. The browned butter + Parmesan in this fettuccine makes it unbelievably flavorful and a mess of broccoli + mushrooms adds in all the healthy stuff you need.
You know what else you need? Just a big bowl of this Parmesan fettuccine asap. Preferably with your wine close by. Because Thirsty Thursday?? Go with it.
Also…I would personally prefer that you make this Parmesan fettuccine basically unrecognizable thanks to all the Parmesan you’re undoubtedly going to pile on top.
Spoiler alert: it’s going to be a lot and you’re going to love it a lot.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup butter, browned
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz cooked hot fettuccine noodles
- Additional grated Parmesan and parsley for topping
- Toss mushrooms, broccoli, and garlic in olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast at 400F 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste, keep warm and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, toss butter, parsley and Parmesan into noodles until evenly coated. Add mushroom mixture and season pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Top with additional Parmesan and parsley and serve warm. Enjoy!