Melt-in-your-mouth coconut crepes and a sweet caramelized banana sauce are a match made in heaven in these killer crepes! They’re gonna steal the show at any brunch!
The long-awaited return of the crepes, you guys. Very loooooong and much-anticipated.
And if you do mind…well, I’ll just take your portion of coconut crepes with EXTRA caramelized banana sauce, okay?
Also, on that same topic. Holy moly, these are my and soon to be your crepe soulmate. Don’t let my words sway you though, just see for yourself. >>>
So these crepes start off with my basic batter that I use for ALL our crepe madness around here. I switch things up a little bit and throw coconut milk into the mix which seriously makes these crepes even MORE tender and melt-in-your mouth. << obsessed.
Also on my list of obsessions currently would be the sauce adorning every inch of these crepes.
It’s like caramel sauce on steroids because it features soft caramelized bananas which might as well just apply to top EVERYTHING from now to the end of time.
And if I have my way…it definitely will.
The finishing touch for these beauties is just a sprinkle of shredded coconut and a hefty dusting of powdered sugar. Don’t we make pretty brunch food around here?
Pretty and pretty dang amazing to chow down on. And speaking of which…shall we???
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 large ripe, but slightly firm bananas, sliced
- Toasted coconut for serving
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Prepare the crepes: Place all crepe ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed a few seconds until completely smooth. Transfer batter to a measuring glass and chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes (batter may be stored in fridge up to 1 day)
- Cook the crepes: Heat a lightly-greased non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches pour 1/4 cup batter in pan. Cook 1-2 minutes on first side, then flip and cook an additional 1 minute on opposite side. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep crepes warm.
- Make the sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter then whisk in sugar, agave, cinnamon, and rum. Bring sauce to a simmer and stir occasionally until thickened and golden. Reduce heat to medium and add bananas to sauce, stirring until coated. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the crepes. Fold each crepe in quarters and top with banana sauce. Sprinkle with coconut and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!