This no-churn black cherry banana ice cream blends up in only minutes and then the freezer takes care of the rest! The easiest ice cream to make this summer when you get that craving.
Consider this the unofficial start to ice cream season, y’all. The smack middle of May obv = close enough.
This summer is gonna be the best one ever as far as ice cream land goes. Clearly.
Also, don’t ask me how this happened but last summer we really did not give ice cream the proper attention that it deserves. As in, the archives are kinda puny right now as far as ice cream recipes go.
This is going to be the summer that changes that. Yay!!
Here’s our kickoff recipe to an awesome ice cream season, guys. ^^^ Black cherry + banana + no-churn + did-I-mention-EASIEST-EVER ice cream.
As much as I love a classic ice cream made with the standard milk-cream-eggs-sugar fare, those nice-cream recipes are one of the best things ever as far as ease goes. I SWEAR it might be magic how the frozen bananas just break down into creamy, decadent ice cream.
And things only get better when you throw a bunch of gorgeous black cherries into the mix. The little girls in my family most definitely approved of that pink.
And their pink ice cream mustaches? I died.
See that picture up there? That’s the serving size you probably want. Three scoops = standard around here.
I also wouldn’t discourage scooping it straight outta the pan from the freezer. Hey, if I can do it, so can you!!
- 5 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1-1/2 cups pitted fresh black cherries, diced
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate syrup for topping, optional
- Place bananas, cherries, yogurt, milk, agave, and vanilla in a food processor or blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth. Scrape ice cream into a plastic wrap-lined loaf pan and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
- Scoop ice cream into serving bowls and serve with chocolate syrup. Enjoy!