Made completely no-bake and packed with tons of banana and pecans, you’re gonna want to stock your freezer all summer long with these easy breakfast cookies!
I would like to announce the obvious. It is JUNE, you guys! Otherwise known as the kickoff to grilling, no-bake, and all the summer frills we love best.
Of course we’re starting the no-bake fest off with breakfast cookies. It’s just a normal day in paradise around here.
And every day this summer is destined to look like a day in paradise. My freezer is currently FULL of these cookies.
How long will it stay full? Probably not all summer and likely not any longer than a week, but moving on…
You GUYS. We do a lot of breakfast cookies around here as you know, but today is the first day we’ve ever gone no-bake on the breakfast cookie game.
Stepping up our summer breakfast game a bit. It’s a good thing, trust me.
Mix, mix, scoop and chill are literally the only steps involved in the breakfast cookies process. I PROMISE you have all these ingredients at the ready too, guys. <<< bananas, pecans, peanut butter, quick-cooking oats, vanilla, sugar, salt, milk, and a little butter.
Devour them all? I forget to mention that last crucial step.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Place sugar, milk, peanut butter, mashed banana, and butter in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture is smooth and slightly simmering. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt, oats, and pecans until mixture forms a dough (dough will be slightly sticky)
- With floured hands, roll dough into 1-in balls and place in a parchment paper-lined container. Flatten slightly. Refrigerate cookies 30-45 minutes or until completely firm.