Packed with a mix of summer berries and piled high with buttery streusel, this mixed berry streusel crumble is a quintessential easy dessert for summer!
By this point we are all extremely familiar with my ONE go-to/absolutely gotta have summer dessert, yes?
I’ll give you an easy hint: it involves tons of fruit. And even more tons of streusel.
Give up? It’s a crumble. Or a crisp. Or whatever you wanna call it, it’s just plain and simple summer heaven.
Heaven tastes pretty good, FYI. Especially when it’s a mix of summer berries and covered in piles of buttery oat streusel. <<< the.best.period.
Okay, so as appearances would suggest, this mixed berry streusel crumble is seriously no biggie to throw together. Steps are as follows —>
- Berry filling. Raspberries, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch cooked right on the stove in 5 minutes. It’s honestly that easy.
2. Streusel time which = the best time. Oats, almonds, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter in one bowl.
Throw your filling in the pan and top with an abundance of streusel topping. It’s okay to swoon a little bit.
Less than THIRTY minutes later…feast your eyes upon your new form of summer heaven. It’s pretty sweet.
It’s also pretty insanely good warm from the oven…straight from the pan…with your biggest spoon and with little to zero shame. 😉😉
Summer Mixed Berry Streusel Crumble
- 7 cups mixed frozen berries
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Make the filling: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring berries, sugar, and lemon juice to a low simmer. Remove 1/2 cup liquid and whisk with cornstarch until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to saucepan and stir berries occasionally until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat and pour into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
In a separate medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit filling.
Bake pie at 350F 30 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Serve crumble warm and enjoy!