The FLUFFIEST coconut pancakes ever are dressed up with tropical orange pineapple compote for one gorgeous tropical-style stack of pancakes!
Sooooo…we’re all ready for that stack of gorgeous weekend pancakes I’m hoping?
Because like it or not, they’re about to hit you square in the face. And believe it or not, as bad as that sounds it’s a good thing, trust me.
I definitely wouldn’t say no to a pancake in the face if it happened to be THESE coconut pancakes. The obsession is not exaggerated and 1000% real.
Also. Weekend breakfasts are going to consist solely of a continuous and uninterrupted stack of these, okay?
Okay first things first, the actual pancakes. Coconut milk is my new love to use in pancakes because it seriously makes them SO melt-in-your-mouth fluffy you won’t even believe it.
^^^ better eat them all to make sure though right?
Part two involves the pancake game changer and this is obviously the topping. My new life motto is going to be as follows: when in doubt, make an orange pineapple compote. >> it’s as insanely GOOD as it sounds.
Eating it with a spoon is obviously a common occurrence. But it’s best job is covering every inch of coconut pancakes heaven.
Piling these pancakes up sky-high is obviously the only job left to be done from here.
Pile, eat, repeat. ♥
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- Shredded coconut for topping
- Make the pancakes: In a large bowl, whisk eggs, syrup, oil, milk, and extract if using. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to egg mixture and gently fold until just combined.
- On a heated greased skillet, cook pancakes over medium-high heat by 1/4-cupfuls 1-2 minutes on each side. Keep pancakes warm.
- Make the compote: In a medium saucepan, combine all compote ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes until thickened.
- Serve pancakes warm with compote and shredded coconut on top. Enjoy!