Tender flank steak is marinated in a citrus marinade and grilled until INSANELY juicy. Pile it all into these loaded steak tacos with tons of flavorful orange avocado salsa on top!
Our new favorite taco of the summer has arrived, you guys.
And it’s more loaded with the goods than ever before. And I’m honestly not eating any other taco for the rest of the summer.
^^^ it would most definitely dishonor the steak tacos perfection which is these beauties you see. ^^^
Honestly. Could a taco be more perfect? My taco gut says a definite loud no and demands more.
The first thing we need to talk about is that steak 👌👌👌 It’s quite honestly the only meat I want to put in ALL my tacos from here on out. It’s seriously the JUICIEST ever.
Proven to be a winner method –> Citrus marinade a little while + quick cook on the grill + rested meat and very thinly sliced = the best taco filler-upper…
…until…orange avocado salsa entered the picture. And entered the steak tacos in quite large and beautiful amounts.
We only do large amounts around here. Especially if we’re talking about sweet, spicy, citrus-y, and addicting avocado salsa.
The jury’s still out on whether or not these qualify as an every-dang-day-of-the-week batch of steak tacos but I’m leaning towards a strong yes.
A strong yes regarding these for breakfast too? Well, twist my arm…😍😍
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs flank steak, fat trimmed
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and diced
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Warmed tortillas for serving
- Make the steak: In a medium bowl, whisk orange juice, zest, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place steak in mixture and coat both sides. Let sit in marinade 30 minutes.
- Make the salsa: In a medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate.
- Grill the steak: Remove steak from marinade and grill over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once until steak reaches desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest 10 minutes then thinly slice against the grain.
- Fill warmed tortillas with steak and top with salsa. Serve immediately and enjoy!