You’ve never had oatmeal cranberry cookies this loaded before! Tons of chai spice, soft cranberries, and sweet vanilla glaze make these oatmeal cookies a crowd-pleaser every time!
These are your new favorite/ONLY favorite oatmeal cookie of this fall, you guys.
I’m an all-around oatmeal cookies biggest fan, but these killer things are bringing out the MAX levels of cookie weakness. Seriously, dang. 😍😍
Let me give you a quick run-down of the cookie pleasure we’ll all be partaking in today >>> cranberry oatmeal cookies + chai spices + vanilla glaze…
Don’t even try to imagine how that all tastes wrapped up into one glorious cookie package because you honestly can’t until you’re actually eating them…one after another off the cookie sheet.
You should’ve been in my kitchen while these were baking, guys. It was seriously like cookie smells you’d imagine they have in heaven.
Oatmeal makes their texture UNBEATABLE and it’s adapted straight from this keeper recipe. Then I loaded it up with tons of chai spices, soft cranberries, dumped a ton of glaze on top and called my job done veeeeeery right.
These were way too freakily good to keep to myself, so out of fear that I would eat them all in the first five minutes, I gave the whole container to Jason. Later I got word that him and his roommate demolished them all in zeroooooo time flat.
I wanted in on that cookie binge party, but hey, guess I’ve just gotta make a triple batch of more? Yesssssss.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a large stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla to bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, spices, and salt to mixer and mix on medium speed until dough comes together. (dough will be slightly sticky) Gently stir in cranberries.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheets 1-2 inches apart. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges are golden (cookies will appear underdone in the middle---this ok) Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth and drizzly. Drizzle glaze over slightly-cooled cookies and let set 10 minutes. Enjoy!