Buttery chai-spiced dutch baby is filled with tons of sweet caramelized apples for the easiest and most indulgent breakfast you’ll ever make this fall!
I think it’s safe to assume that this dutch baby is what I’m eating for the forseeable breakfast future.
And by check out I mean you should make it your problem too. Obviously such big problems we have. 😏😏
Dang, tho if you haven’t also hopped onboard the dutch baby train you need to like yesterday, guys. They are the EASIEST and the best and my current fav. ♥
The short ‘n’ sweet rundown of this beauty? Picture this in your food mind’s eye >>>
- Buttery, flaky, chai-spiced dutch baby. It’s pure insanity by itself but…
- …caramelized apples, guys. And tons of powdered sugar on top.
- Also, help. 😲😲
This dutch baby is best consumed piping-hot straight outta the oven. And dude, you’re not gonna have ANY problem doing so because the smells alone are gonna encourage instantaneous swooning.
Embarrassingly easy to eat this entire thing yourself, FYI. I’d recommend it in fact. 😂😂
- 1/4 cup melted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110F)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Make the dutch baby: Preheat oven to 375F. Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-in cast iron skillet and place skillet in oven to heat butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour salt, and spices until a smooth batter forms. Remove skillet from oven and carefully pour batter into the bottom. Place skillet back in oven and bake dutch baby at 375F 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
- While dutch baby bakes, make the caramelized apples: In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute apples in butter, sugar, and cinnamon until apples are just barely tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fill baked dutch baby with caramelized apples and top with powdered sugar. Slice into wedges and enjoy!