Covered in a buttery streusel topping and tons of coffee glaze, this ultimately-moist pumpkin bread is going to quickly become your new fall favorite!
Woohoo!! The first pumpkin bread recipe of the season, you guys!! And I say first because there’s obviously more coming. I’m not repeating last year’s mistakes.
And before you hop over to read that post, I’ll just tell you: before today there was only ONE pumpkin bread recipe on my blog in the five years my blog has been up and running.
^^^ I’m definitely a disgrace to my favorite fall thing in the universe.
So in an effort to remedy our current pumpkin bread situation, I bring you STREUSEL pumpkin bread. With coffee glaze. Forgive me now?
Obviously. No one can stay mad when you’ve got the SOFTEST-ever pumpkin bread, piled high with streusel and dripping with coffee glaze. <<< that tends to make for happy people everywhere.
This streusel pumpkin bread might seem like a hassle with tons of steps, but it’s SO not! Steps are as follows >>>
- Pumpkin bread batter. It’s in your pan in less than 5 minutes.
- Streusel! Literally takes a minute to throw together and it goes right on top of your batter.
- While the bread bakes, it’s glaze time.
- Bring it all together and demolish that loaf. 😍😍
It’s more or less like your basic pumpkin bread on steroids and suffice to say, it’s fall GOALS!!
This streusel pumpkin bread + an XL pumpkin spice latte and you are golden in the fall department, guys. ✌️✌️
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon brewed espresso
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Make the bread: Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over the sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until batter is smooth. Scrape batter into prepared pan and gently smooth top.
- Make the streusel: In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Evenly sprinkle over bread batter and gently press to adhere crumbs.
- Bake bread at 350F 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread completely, then remove from pan to a cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled bread and let set 10 minutes. Slice bread and enjoy!