Picture-perfect fried eggs sit on top of a flavorful rainbow vegetable hash for a super-healthy, quick, and gorgeous savory breakfast!
So honestly, if this isn’t a picture-perfect Monday breakfast I don’t even know what is, guys.
Many heart eyes needed to portray our feelings about this obviously. 😍😍😍
It’s the ULTIMATE LAZY PERSON’S BREAKFAST. Breakfast is easily my laziest meal, guys and I’m not even ashamed to admit it. The most motivation I have is to make coffee and that’s it.
Of course, all this happened before I had perfect fried eggs + rainbow veggie hash in my life. Obviously the breakfast game has changed for the better.
Alright, THREE steps involved in our new Monday breakfast of champs, y’all.
- Pre-boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes (I know, I know, a bit of a pain but it’s worth it, trust me!)
- Saute a big ‘ol onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in your biggest pan and then add your taters. Let the veggies cook on the bottom for a little bit before flipping them so they get crispy!
- Last but not least, fry up a few gorgeous eggs and slide ’em right on top of breakfast heaven.
Truth be told, I ate these fried eggs and hash for breakfast one morning and then for dinner the next day. I’m not a cliche college kid or anything, guys, promise. 🙄🙄
Only veeeeeeery onboard with the idea of savory breakfast 24/7. <<< yes.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large sweet pepper, cored and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- Place potato and sweet potato cubes in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are crisp-tender. Drain and dry potatoes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until shimmery. Add peppers, onions, garlic, and pre-cooked potatoes to pan and occasionally turn veggies until crisp and cooked through. Add parsley to pan and season hash with salt and pepper to taste. Keep hash warm.
- In a separate pan heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan, and fry 2-3 minutes until edges are golden and egg is set. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Use a spatula to remove eggs from pan and place on top of hash. Serve immediately and enjoy!