Made entirely in ONE pot and lighter on the calories, this hearty beef chili mac ‘n’ cheese is going to quickly become the most-requested dinner in your house!
Introducing the honest-to-goodness best Monday food you could ever ask for.
Comfort food mash-ups for the WIN, y’all!! Heck yeah, it’s chili + mac ‘n’ cheese all rolled up into a sweet one-pot deal. 😍😍😍
I think my above points alone are grounds for every night to be a chili mac ‘n’ cheese night, yes? I’m a little bit obsessed with this right now.
Also, I live alone and my fridge is currently full of leftovers soooooo…yeah. There’s no problems here, guys.
This is dinner simplicity taken to a WHOLE ‘nother level!! Steps are as follows >>>
- Brown up some ground beef, onions, sweet peppers, garlic, etc.
- Diced tomatoes, black beans, elbow pasta, chicken broth, and a whooooooole bunch of spices get thrown into the same pot.
- Let it all cook itself until the noodles are tender, throw a mountain of cheese into the party and call dinner nailed. And all cozy food goals met.
Ugh that cheese pull gets me every time. I’m hardly even considering diving right into the pan and accidentally forgetting to come out.
Legit, you’re gonna lurveeeee this, guys. Hot, cozy, cheesy food is always our winner. ♥
Lighter One-Pot Beef Chili Mac 'n' Cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can 15 oz black beans, drained
- 1 can 15 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz uncooked elbow pasta
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
In a dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef with onion, pepper, and garlic until beef is no longer pink and veggies are tender. Add black beans, diced tomatoes, chili power, and cumin. Bring to a simmer then add chicken broth and pasta.
Bring pasta to a simmer then reduce heat and simmer covered on medium heat 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated and pasta is tender. Stir in cheese until melted and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle mac 'n' cheese with parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!