French toast made SO easy and personal-sized! This caramel apple french toast bake is made the night before for ultimate ease the next morning! The secret is in the homemade caramel sauce.
Really, the whole “secret” is that this is just a french toast bake from your wildest DREAMS. >>>
Repeat after me: CARAMEL.freaking.APPLE french toast bake. Made overnight and mini-sized. Did I mention the caramel?
Any other week morning breakfasts are looking pretty wimpy and sad right about now, yes?
Literally. ANY other breakfast is gonna look sad if it’s sitting next to these freaking awesome french toast bakes. Gimme a HECK YES for all the mini foods covered in caramel sauce!! 😄😄
Also. It’s very possible that this caramel apple french toast bake is gonna stretch over into the lunch territory for me. Utterly ridiculous or utterly genius? You decide.
Okay. We’re obviously ALL IN on this french toast perfection, so let’s get to it!!
The night before….(Literally ALL THE WORK is done now! What little of it there is)
- Bread cubes/apples go into little ramekins.
- Standard french toast egg custard goes on top.
- Cover those babies up and let your fridge take care of business overnight!!
The next morning…
- Pop ’em in the oven, but don’t go back to bed yet because it’s CARAMEL time.
- Make your killer caramel sauce which I PROMISE is incredibly easy.
- By then…yo french toast bakes will be baked perfectly and it’s time to top perfection with a healthy waterfall of caramel sauce. 😍😍
It’s okay if a little bit of caramel sauce goes…well, everywhere. It’s also okay if these “individual” french toast bakes ordinarily designed for sharing somehow turns into serving only a party of one. Hey, these things happen…🤔🤔
Seriously. This is the real deal french toast game, y’all. The Monday coping strategies are NAILED and this strategy is definitely stretching into the rest of the week. 😙😙
Overnight Individual Caramel Apple French Toast Bake
- 6 slices stale French bread cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
Divide bread cubes and apple cubes between 4 greased 8 oz ramekins. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and spices until smooth. Divide mixture between ramekins and evenly pour over bread cubes/apples. Cover ramekins with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (at least 6 hours)
Remove ramekins from refrigerator and bake at 350F 20-25 minutes or until french bread is golden and set.
While the french toast bakes, make the caramel. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in sugar and agave and bring caramel to a boil until a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in salt and cream.
Drizzle warm caramel over individual french toast bakes and serve immediately. Enjoy!