wPacked with an abundance of autumn goodness and tossed in a citrus-y orange vinaigrette, this shaved brussels sprouts salad would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving menu!
The Thanksgiving countdown is getting real, y’all. Also, Thanksgiving food is literally all I want right now. That’s mostly ranging between about 12 different types of pies and this killer fall salad.
Balance, y’all. It’s what helps us get through the holiday season. 😂😂
So answer me this: Is salad usually a part of your Thanksgiving dinner spread? In all honesty, I don’t think salad was ever a major part of our dinner mostly because the menfolk in my family LIVE for the classics like stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc…and that’s basically all that’s piled on their plates. 🙄🙄
If there was ever to be a salad on your dinner menu…I’m going to make a public recommendation that THIS shaved brussels sprouts salad be the man for the job.
Ummm…hey, it’s TOTAL FALL in a pretty salad bowl, guys! Seriously, all the fall works which includes a mess of pretty shaved brussels sprouts, sweet crispy apples, dried cranberries/pecans, CHEESE obviously, and pretty much the killer-est orange vinaigrette ever.
It is SO freaking easy to throw together! Honestly, the longest prep work is probably shredding the brussels sprouts but you can easily speed up that process by use of a food processor instead of killing your hands with knifework.
Isn’t it so gorgeous? All the fall flavors really just meld so perfectly together in this shaved brussels sprouts salad and not only that but it LOOKS so freaking pretty! So pretty for your dinner table and it definitely holds it’s own against the big Thanksgiving dinner boys like mashed potatoes and turkey.
P.S. Nothing’s ever too pretty that I won’t eat it though, you can be sure of that. 😜😜
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, thinly shaved with a knife or mandoline
- 2 medium apples, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shaved gouda or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Set aside.
- Just before serving, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth and season with salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to evenly coat. Serve salad immediately and enjoy!