Make your cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving the easy way! This gingered apple cranberry sauce makes itself entirely in the crockpot and it’s packed with sweet ‘n’ spicy ginger flavors.
I’m ALWAYS looking for another Thanksgiving side dish that I can just stick in the crockpot and forget about! Oven/stove space is limited when you have 20+ hungry people wanting for their dinner ya know.
Cranberry sauce is a classic in my family, guys. We do it right and we make TONS!
And it just got tons easier! Oh man, I don’t know about you but my to-do list is a mile long before tomorrow. Classes are forcing me to not be able to come home for the holiday until this afternoon and I’m definitely thinking an all-nighter is in order for tonight, y’all. 😣😣
The one thing I won’t be worrying about is the cranberry sauce. Because THIS gingered apple cranberry sauce is here to fill yet another crockpot. Hallelujaaaaah.
Literally EVERYTHING gets thrown in the crockpot, friends! Fresh cranberries, apples, and a ton of candied ginger are our base. Then it’s just a simple matter of dumping apple cider, sugar, agave syrup, and a bunch of spices on top.
Turn that crockpot on low and then move on to the next item on your to-do list! Like mini pies?
Oh man, the FLAVORS that develop when you let this gingered apple cranberry sauce cook slow for hours and hours. If you gotta sweeten it with more sugar or agave once it’s done cooking, go for it!
Have a lovely and food-filled Thanksgiving, you guys!! ♥♥
- 2 (12 oz) bags fresh cranberries
- 3 medium apples, peeled and diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place cranberries, apples, and ginger in a 4-qt crockpot. Whisk remaining ingredients until smooth and pour over top.
- Cook cranberry sauce on low 6-8 hours, stirring every few hours until cranberry sauce is thickened and cranberries are broken down. Sweeten cranberry sauce with additional agave syrup to taste if desired. Chill cranberry sauce until ready to serve and enjoy!