Use up turkey leftovers to make this massively flavorful roasted red pepper quinoa turkey chili! You can throw it together in minutes and it’s so hearty and filling!
Oh man. The turkey leftover situation is REAL, you guys. I might be making this chili for the next two weeks.
Also, I have zero issues with that state of affairs. This roasted red pepper quinoa turkey chili is currently my favorite dinner of all.freaking.time.
I almost can’t decide what I love better: The actual Thanksgiving dinner or the HUGE amount of leftovers you can make all sorts of things with afterwards.
Right now, a big ‘ol pot of gorgeous roasted red pepper quinoa turkey chili is just ticking all the boxes for me. 😋😋
For a chili that’s as packed with as much amazing flavor as this one is, you sure would never guess how easy and no-brainer it is to pull off! Literally FORTY max minutes and you’ve got a massive amount of chili in the pot and ready for all those straggler Thanksgiving guests.
P.S. It’s a rather nice detox from the calorie-laden rich food we all likely ate yesterday. Yesssssssss.
Oh and also! This quinoa turkey chili is seriously SUCH a cozy dinner to come home to after a day of Black Friday shopping. (guilty, yeah)
Cause I guarantee you won’t still be full from yesterday’s meal anymore and you will want ALL THE TURKEY and all the hot hearty food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 oz) jar roasted red peppers, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups cooked cubed turkey
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a dutch oven or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to pan and saute several minutes until fragrant and cooked. Reduce heat to medium and add roasted red pepper, tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, turkey, quinoa, and chicken broth to pot and stir to combine. Season chili with salt and pepper to taste. Bring chili to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Serve chili hot with minced parsley on top. Enjoy!