Incredibly soft banana cream cheese muffins have a tangy cream cheese surprise in the center and they’re covered to perfection with chai-spiced glaze.—Make a double batch of these muffins!
When I say double batch I actually mean like quadruple batch, guys.
The “why” lies somewhere inside that dreamy cream cheese filling. Or maybe the chai glaze? Let’s just say it’s the whole 10/10 muffin package.
Let’s just say that your mom WANTS THESE MUFFINS on her brunch menu this Sunday.
P.S. I’m now accepting applications for someone to plan my brunch menu which is currently not even in the works yet. 😲😲
Really though, let’s all just appreciate for a second how freaking amazing literally ANYTHING gets when it has a killer cheesecake surprise center like so. ^^^
Spoiler alert: It’s SUPER EASY to make!! >>>
- Muffin batter. It’s my standard muffin base that I use for ALL the muffin madness around here and today it’s all about the bananas. Super-moist, spot-on banana-y, and quite honestly perfect.
- Cream cheese center. Standard stuff, y’all. >>> cream cheese, sugar, vanilla. Fill your muffin cups halfway with batter, plop a tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in there and then top with the rest of the batter. Bake up those beauties and it’s almost, almost muffin time, y’all!!
- Chai glaze. Literally just drape these muffins in it, guys. 😍😍😍
And don’t even bother wondering how life can get any better. Cause I’m here to tell you that it can’t.
Put a muffin in each hand and have a dang awesome Wednesday, friends.
Banana Cream Cheese Muffins with Chai Glaze
Incredibly soft banana cream cheese muffins have a tangy cream cheese surprise in the center and they're covered to perfection with chai-spiced glaze.---Make a double batch of these muffins!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon chai spice*
- 1-2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, mashed banana egg, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to bowl and gently fold until batter is just combined. Fill prepared muffin tins 1/2 full of batter. Set remaining muffin batter aside.
Cream Cheese Filling
In a medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until completely smooth and creamy. Scoop about 1 tablespoon cream cheese filling and place on top of half-filled muffin batter. Top each muffin cup with remaining batter, filling about 3/4 full.
Bake muffins at 400F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking an additional 13-15 minutes until muffins test done with a toothpick. Cool in pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth and drizzling-consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!