Smooth, garlicky roasted garlic spinach pesto coats every inch of this summery zucchini ribbon salad and it’s all tossed with tons of juicy cherry tomatoes and shaved Parmesan.
So this is typical near-summers-end-behavior for me, you guys. I’m talking all about back-to-school stuff on Monday and today it’s back to summer food.
Please, I got the urge to use ALL THE ZUCCHINI. You understand.
And you understand there’s roasted garlic spinach pesto in this deal, right? With juicy cherry tomatoes. And Parmesan.
TEAM SUMMER. At least for today.
So since I’ve convinced you all that we’re on board zucchini ribbon salad train, please trust that this is the best choice you’ve made all summer. This salad is quite honestly the most perfect thing. >>
- We’ve got long gorgeous zucchini ribbons that do NOT even require a spiralizer. Just take a potato peeler and use it to peel your zucchinis into long ribbons.
- Roasted.garlic.spinach.pesto. I would honestly eat a marshmallow slathered with this stuff. (I’m marshmallows biggest hater, FYI)
- Juicy fresh cherry tomatoes straight from my momma’s garden. (!!!)
- A big ‘ol pile of fresh shaved Parm. Keeping it basic.
My mom and I fangirled BIG time over this zucchini ribbon salad since this kind of stuff is our fave.
We both agreed though that more cheese is a necessity. Like halfsies of zucchini + cheese would do. Don’t judge.
Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Roasted Garlic Spinach Pesto
Smooth, garlicky roasted garlic spinach pesto coats every inch of this summery zucchini ribbon salad and it's all tossed with tons of juicy cherry tomatoes and grated Parmesan.
- 2 cups loosely-packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, peeled into ribbons using a potato peeler
- 1/2 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil for topping
In a food processor, combine spinach, basil, garlic, grated Parmesan, pine nuts, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse several times, while drizzling olive oil through top until pesto is smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
In a serving bowl, combine zucchini ribbons and cherry tomatoes. Toss in pesto until coated. Top zucchini ribbons with shaved Parmesan and additional fresh basil. Enjoy!