A zingy browned butter lemon sauce coats every inch of this spring-like asparagus feta orzo skillet that’s SUPER easy to throw together for a quick, healthy dinner!
Just a skillet full ‘o spring for……..yet another freezing cold Wisconsin April day?
In all honesty, I’d much rather be eating this asparagus orzo feta skillet on the porch in short sleeves, but I’ll settle for my winter coat too I guess. 😂😂
Also, can I get a HECK YEAH for all the asparagus! The season is SO freaking on, friends. And I am all in for the asparagus train.
Just go ahead and put me on that train forever if this deal also happens to include pasta + my beloved FETA. Really, just meet your dream skillet dinner. Peace out.
EASY PEASY stuff is the name of the game today. We’ve got the following components pullin’ in for the Team Spring Food effort >>>
- Browned butter lemon sauce. Heckin’ LOVE this stuff. It’s rich and yet still has that light flavor thanks to the lemon juice. Would gladly eat with errthing’, the end.
- Blanched asparagus + piles upon piles of crumbled feta cheese. It’s an obsession, yes.
- ALL the hot orzo. Why not squeeze a little more lemon on top of this bountiful spring skillet?
And then, yes, thanks for asking, diving in face-first is HEAVILY encouraged.
Leftovers are PEACHY for light, healthy lunches all week too! Then more for dinner too, cause if ya know, ya know.
And I know that you are gonna make this one your spring dinner STAPLE. <3
Browned Butter Lemon Asparagus Feta Orzo Skillet
A zingy browned butter lemon sauce coats every inch of this spring-like asparagus feta orzo skillet that's SUPER easy to throw together for a quick, healthy dinner!
- 1 lb trimmed asparagus and cut into 1-in pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 12 oz hot orzo pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Blanche trimmed asparagus in boiling water until fork tender. Submerge in ice water until cooled then drain and set aside.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter, stirring occasionally until a deep golden brown. Add lemon juice, garlic, and zest and cook 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken stock and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer sauce 10 minutes until slightly reduced.
Add parsley, hot cooked orzo, asparagus, and feta to browned butter sauce and lightly toss to coat. Season orzo with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!