“This is my dad’s favorite dinner! It’s delicious with warm cornbread”. ~Sarah
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans ( 23 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (23 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz ) kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large cooking pot, over medium-high heat; brown meat and onion until no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Turn heat to medium, cover pot, and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Store in refrigerator for 2-4 days