“These delicate cookies with double chocolate and refreshing mint flavors are a delicious treat.” ~Sarah
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2-2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl, beat honey, eggs, oil, chocolate chips, peppermint, and salt until smooth.
- In another medium bowl combine cocoa, baking soda, and 2 cups flour.
- Add flour mixture to peppermint mixture and stir well.
- Add enough remaining flour until you have a stiff dough.
- Shape dough into balls and place on greased cookies sheets.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 13 minutes.
- Cool on wire cooling racks.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Store cookies in airtight container 4-5 days.