“My mom has been making this bread for years. We don’t eat store-bought bread so every Wednesday morning my mom will mix up a batch of this delicious bread. It makes the whole house smell amazing while it’s baking!” ~Sarah
5 teaspoons yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup safflower oil
3 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup vital gluten
6-8 cups whole wheat flour
1. In a large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, oil, salt, eggs, and gluten. Stir well.
2. Mix in 6 cups flour and stir until combined.
3. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
4. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
5. Place dough in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
6. Punch dough down and divide into 3 pieces. Place each part of dough in 3 greased bread pans. Allow to rise 25-30 minutes or until doubled in size.
7. Bake bread loaves at 350 F 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool 20 minutes then remove from pans to cooling rack. Slice bread and serve.
Yield: 3 loaves bread (13-15 slices each)
Store bread in Ziplock bags at room temperature up to 4 days.