“These chunky oatmeal cookies have been at the top of my mom’s best-loved cookie recipes for years. They’re super easy to make too!” ~Sarah
• 1 cup honey
• 1 cup safflower oil or butter, softened
• 2 eggs
• pinch of salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 4 cups rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1. In a large bowl whisk honey, oil, eggs, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to honey mixture stirring until combined. Fold in raisins.
3. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 F 12- 13 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks and cool completely.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies.
Store cookies in airtight container up to 3 days.