“These sweet treats couldn’t be easier! Homemade caramel candies spread with chocolate topping. Yum!” ~Sarah
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/4 cup honey
• pinch salt
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Quickly add honey and stir to combine. Continue cooking over medium heat until slightly thickened and nutty brown. (Do not burn) Remove from heat and allow to cool 5 minutes.
2. Fill silicone candy molds with 1 heaping teaspoon caramel. Freeze caramels 20-25 minutes or until solid.
3. While caramels are freezing prepare chocolate layer. Combine all chocolate ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Divide mixture evenly over frozen caramels. Allow to freeze 15-20 minutes.
4. Keep frozen until ready to serve.
Yield: 1 dozen candies (depending on your mold)
Store candies in freezer up to 1 week.