“These delicious cookies have the the classic addition of Nutella, I didn’t want to use the sugary, processed store-bought Nutella, so I made my own with a recipe from Elana’s Pantry.” ~Sarah
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 3/4 cup honey
• 1 cup Nutella-( I used this recipe) http://www.elanaspantry.com/chocolate-hazelnut-spread/
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3-4 cups whole-wheat flour
1. In a large bowl whisk butter, honey, nutella, eggs, salt, and baking soda until smooth. Add cocoa and 3 cups flour. Stir until combined.
2. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Shape dough into 1-in. balls and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 F 13 minutes. Cool on wire cooling racks.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Store in airtight container up to 2 days.