“With a peanut-graham crust, spread with chocolate pudding and topped with plenty of whipped cream and peanuts, this is everyone’s favorite dessert!” ~Sarah
• 2 cups crushed graham crackers
• 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• 1/4 cup honey
• 3 cups milk
• 3/4 cup honey
• 3 eggs
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
• 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
• 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
1. Prepare the crust by combining all crust ingredients in a bowl. Toss mixture with a fork until slightly crumbly. Press in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 in baking pan. Bake at 350 F 8 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool crust15 minutes.
2. To prepare the filling, heat milk in a medium saucepan until simmering. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, beat honey and eggs until smooth. In another small bowl combine cornstarch, cocoa, and salt. Add honey-egg mixture to cornstarch mixture and stir until combined. Add this mixture to milk and turn heat to medium high. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
3. Spread peanut butter over crust, then spoon cooled filling over all. Refrigerate 2 hours. Just before serving, spread whipped cream over filling and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve.
Yield: 10-12 servings.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 days. For best results, serve immediately after topping with whipped cream.