“Yum!! These ooey-gooey, caramely nutty, rolls are AMAZING!! Totally worth the little extra time it takes to make them.” ~Sarah
Sweet Bread Dough:
• 2 cups warm water
• 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
• 1/3 cup safflower oil
• 1/3 plus 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 2 eggs
• 4-5 cups whole-wheat flour, divided
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup honey
• pinch salt
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Prepare the sweet bread dough: In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in oil, honey, salt, and eggs until smooth. Add 2 cups flour and stir until combined. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Knead dough until smooth and elastic. Allow to rise 30 minutes.
2. While dough is rising, prepare caramel by placing butter and honey in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture bubbles and is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Once dough is done rising, add salt, pecans, and cinnamon to caramel. Pour half of caramel in a greased fluted tube pan. Roll dough into 4-in balls and layer on top of caramel. Pour remaining caramel over top. Allow to rise 20 minutes.
4. Bake at 375 F 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes then invert onto serving plate. Serve.
Yield: 10-12 servings.
This bread is best if eaten right away and not stored.