“It’s the middle of winter in cold Wisconsin, and we’re buried under a blanket of snow, but I couldn’t resist making this creamy blueberry-swirled ice cream!” ~Sarah
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 2 cups skim milk
• 1 cup (8 oz) cream cheese
• 2/3 cup honey
• 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup water
•2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 cup blueberries
1. Whisk all ice cream ingredients in a large bowl until smooth and combined. Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
2. While ice cream is freezing, prepare blueberry filling by whisking water, cornstarch and syrup in a small sauce pan until smooth. Add blueberries to pan and cook over medium-high heat until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and cool completely.
3. Place ice cream in a 2 quart container. Drop blueberry filling by tablespoons over ice cream. Gently cut through with a knife to swirl. Freeze ice cream until firm.
Yield: About 1 1/2 quarts.
Store ice cream in freezer up to week.