“My mom would make this comforting custard all the time in the summer, it was always so hard to wait for it to finish baking! Top with whipped cream and fresh fruit if desired, but it’s just as good plain too! ~Sarah
• 5 eggs
• 3 cups skim milk
• 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Whisk eggs in a 2 quart baking dish until smooth. Add milk, syrup, and vanilla and stir until combined. Sprinkle nutmeg over top.
2. Fill an additional shallow pan with 1 in. water and place baking dish in shallow pan. Bake at 300 F approximately 1-1/2 hours. Cool at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 8-10 servings.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.