“Warm from the oven, and served with butter and cream cheese, these soft bagels with cinnamon and plump raisins are amazing!” ~Sarah
• 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
• 1-1/2 cups warm water, (120 F)
• 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 2- 2-1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1-1/2 cups raisins
• 1 gallon water
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/4 cup honey, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Add 2 cups flour and stir until smooth. Knead in raisins and enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
2. Divide dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and poke a finger through the middle. Stretch the dough out to resemble a bagel shape. Place on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Allow to rise 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
3. Bring water and remaining tablespoon honey to a boil. Drop bagels into water (3-4 at a time) and boil bagels in water6-7 minutes. Remove from water and drain on paper towels 4 minutes. Bake at 375 F 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire c
Yield: 1 dozen.
Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.