“These flavorful cookies are jam-packed with all sorts of goodies! Oatmeal, chocolate chunks, and walnuts star in these simple, yet delicious treats that taste amazing with a tall glass of milk. I’ve been very in the mood for cookies lately, so expect more tempting cookie recipes to come!” ~Sarah
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 3/4 cup honey
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
• 2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
1.Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, beat butter, honey, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt until smooth. Stir in oats and flour until a stiff dough forms. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
2. Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute before transferring to cooling racks to cool completely. Or if you like your cookies warm, (Seriously, who doesn’t??) dig in right away!
Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Store in an airtight container 2-3 days.