As promised here is the long-awaited Homemade Hamburger Buns recipe!
I’ve been trying for months to come up with the PERFECT hamburger bun recipe. I finally did it!
more than a little proud myself. 😉
Of, course. If you’re one of those people who only knows how to buy the best brand of white-flour, chemical-stuffed hamburger buns you had better stop reading right now. Because MY version is healthy AND they taste A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
Still with me? Good.
‘Cause you definitely DO NOT want to miss out on these! I tell ‘ya–There is nothing like a juicy burger on one of these beauties! Like my Juicy Burgers for example!
And another thing, don’t just serve these buns with hamburgers! They make ANY sandwich taste awesome!
So soft. So flavorful. So healthy. So easy. And so much better than store-bought!
Homemade Hamburger Buns
- 1-1/4 cups warm water 120 F
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup melted butter divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3-4 cups whole-wheat flour divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Sesame seeds optional
1. Dissolve yeast in water in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup butter, honey, and eggs until smooth.
2. Add 2 cups flour, stirring until smooth. Add salt and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. (dough may be slightly sticky) Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
3. Punch risen dough down and divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and dip tops in remaining melted butter then in sesame seeds if using. Place balls butter side-up on two greased baking sheets. Allow to rise 30 minutes or until balls are doubled.
4. Bake buns at 375 F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire cooling racks 10 minutes before using.
Yield: 8 buns.
Store buns in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Adapted from Taste of Home