Try this pleasantly sweet ‘n’ tangy BBQ sauce for your next cook-out! So easy it comes together in minutes, and it’s so much tastier (and healthier!) than bottled BBQ sauce!
Homemade BBQ sauce. ‘Cause we’re doin’ the 4th of July completely homemade this year.
Because I’m crazy, that’s why.
Seriously though….I wanna eat this sauce straight outta the jar with a spoon. It’s that good, people.
So did you know that one of the first ingredients in bottled BBQ sauce is almost always high-fructose corn syrup? That stuff is just scary, and I’m sorry, but I just cannot stomach eating that.
Solution? Make ‘yer own.
In literally less than 10 minutes. With basic pantry ingredients
Yessss!! I’m dead serious!
Your 4th of July is gonna be an epic one this year. I can feel it. 😀
This BBQ sauce is finger-lickin’ good. Sweet ‘n’ tangy, not too spicy, and seriously guys, it is SO MUCH BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT.
Sorry for yelling, but I’m pretty excited about this sauce, guys.
Just in time for the 4th, too.
Don’t you just love it when the stars align and things work out that way? 🙂
You probably have all the ingredients to make this sauce already in your pantry! You’ll need to grab some tomato sauce, coconut sugar (brown sugar is fine sub) dark molasses, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce (am I the only one who can’t spell that to save my life??) cornstarch, fresh garlic, and then just a few spices for flavoring.
Then you’ll just dump it all in a pan. Cook ’til bubbly and thickened, andddddd…..Voila’! Homemade BBQ sauce ready to smother just about any kind of food.
This sauce isn’t overly spicy. It’s a perfect balance between sweetness, tangy-ness, and just a little bit of heat; but feel free to add a little more chili powder to this sauce if you like yours a little zippy!
Grilled barbecue chicken with extra BBQ sauce is like my ultimate dinner choice in the summer. Paired with a fresh summer salad and some icy-cold watermelon and I’m in summer heaven.
I always make sure to dollop some extra BBQ sauce on my plate for dipping. Just can’t ever get ‘enuff of the stuff. 😀
This BBQ sauce makes an amazing dipping sauce for just about anything: Grilled chicken, fries, chicken nuggets, spareribs, just about any burger…..anything else I should add to this list??
Top 4 reasons you should make this BBQ sauce:
1. It’s SO MINDLESSLY EASY.—10 minutes, tops is all the time you’ll need.
2. It’s 1000x better than storebought. Sorry, did I say that already?
3. It’s about 5000x healthier than the bottled stuff. Half the ingredients in bottled BBQ sauce I can’t even recognize…. Can you say GROSS??!
4. Last but not least, it is SO deliciously-addicting. You might wanna grab a spoon.
KIDDING. I’m pretty sure that’s just me who’s weird like that. 😉
Take 10 minutes of your time and make this homemade BBQ sauce for your next barbecue. You won’t regret it!
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika or regular
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or more if you like your sauce spicy
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients, except water and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Whisk water and cornstarch together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring tomato-sauce mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then whisk in water-cornstarch mixture until smooth. Cook sauce until thickened and bubbly.
- Cool BBQ sauce completely before storing in refrigerator.
Try my other cook-out favs next!
BLT Pasta Salad with Herb Ranch Dressing
Fresh Strawberries ‘n’ Cream Cupcakes
Perfect BBQ sauce – just the right combination of sweet and spicy!
Yay so happy to hear! 🙂