Peanut butter and bananas collide perfectly in this super-soft and moist quick bread. Sure to bring positive reviews from any banana bread-lover!
Let’s take a poll. How many new versions of banana bread do you think Sarah can come up with every few weeks?
Sorry? There’s just something about simple ‘ol classic banana bread that screams, “MAKE ME FUN!”
And I would never go so far as to ignore the cry of a helpless loaf of banana bread—so as you can see my hands are tied. 😉
I mean, who would’ve thunk that the basic banana bread could evolve into SO MANY awesome forms?!
My obsession with outta-the-box banana breads has gotten preeeetty bad lately. As in, I don’t think plain classic banana bread is ever gonna happen here again.
And I’m pretty choked up about that, all right. 😉
So bear with me here for a sec. —-I’ve decided that I am going to call all my new banana bread twists the….*drum roll*
The Banana Bread Chronicles. And today begins Chapter 1 where we will be studying and sampling (read: face shoveling) Peanut Butter-Swirl Banana Bread.
So here’s a scientific fact.—Bananas and PB were pretty much MEANT to be joyfully married and live happily ever after together.
And happily ever after they shall live. In this bread which is currently residing somewhere between my tastebuds and my stomach.
Have you guys tried my Perfect Banana Bread yet? I know the title sounds pretty magnified, but trust me. This bread is the bomb—readers have been RAVING about how awesome it is.
So you should um kinda make it. Like now.
Today’s bread is based off of that perfect recipe. And trust me—it’s just as perfect as the classic version.
Wowzers, we’ve got all kinds of perfect stuff going on here today. 😀
This bread is basically all kinds of banana bread heaven. Perfectly soft and melt-in-your mouth. Loaded with luscious swirls of pb and heck, if you want you could even sneak some chocolate chips in there.
Chocolate + Bananas + PB = The kinda heaven I wanna live in 4 life, yo.
You’d never find me complaining of all this for BREAKFAST either….oh, heavenly heavens, yes…
Let’s dive in, guys. 😀
Peanut Butter-Swirl Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large bananas mashed (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 9-in loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in eggs, mashed banana, buttermilk, and vanilla until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry mixture to liquid, gently stirring until just combined.
- Divide half of batter between greased loaf pans. Drop 3 tablespoons peanut butter over top into each pan. Top with remaining batter. Using a knife, gently swirl peanut butter into batter. (do not overswirl)
- Bake banana bread at 350F 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread in pans on a wire cooling rack 1 hour before removing from pans.
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Peanut and banana is one of those classic delicious flavour combinations, so I can imagine how good this banana bread must have tasted. In the mornings, I always top my toast with peanut butter and chopped bananas so I definitely have to make this recipe Sarah!
PB and bananas is definitely one of the best flavor combos out there in my opinion! You just cannot go wrong. 😀
Annie @Maebells says
How fantastic! Such a perfect flavor combo!
Manali @ CookWithManali says
I am all for new banana breads recipe every week, so keep them coming Sarah!This bread looks delicious, I love PB & Banana together! Yum!
Thanks Manali! There’s no such thing as too much banana bread right?! 😉
Amanda @ Cookie Named Desire says
Oh yes! I love those chunks of peanut butter in those thick slices of banana bread. Banana bread is the bomb, so I am totally up for the Banana Bread Chronicles. Bring. It. ON!!!
Thanks Amanda! You totally need to try this bread—a banana/pb lovers dream!